KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Sunday 16 August 2015

Budget Beauty: £1 Lip Liners from Primark

Hi beauty loves, so I decided to feature my cute mickey and minnie tsum tsum's to my recent blog photos because they're just so darn cute. I want collect them all but I have no reason to have them all....Anyways check out these £1 lip liners from Primark and if I were to describe them in 3 words I would say they are: creamy, pigmented and affordable.
I don't usually care for or look at beauty brands within clothing stores because my thoughts were that they were 'cheap' and didn't trust that they were made of quality. But I was wrong. Whilst I am a loyal to certain brands (both drugstore and high-end), I have recently been more open to trying cheaper brands. I bought some eyeshadows from Topshop and I absolutely LOVE them and while I was returning some things in Primark, I spotted their make-up range. I always knew they had it, I just didn't look at them and because I have been obsessed with lip liners lately, I spotted these two amongst the small range they had. Shade 01 is a light nudey pink colour suitable for pinky nude lipstick and Shade 09 is a slightly darker mauve pink that will go so well with darker nude lipsticks.

Shade 09 (L) and Shade 01 (R)
Formula-wise, they're creamy and extremely pigmented but on first impressions, they're not long-lasting or hydrating. It may be because I applied them on top of the lipstick and lipliner I was already wearing, but watched on my hand, they smudged quite quickly. However, as most people use lip liners as a base colour for their lipsticks, I think these would work quite well underneath lipsticks to enhance the colour of the lipstick and make it last a little longer. I do like these lip liners because they were only £1 each and a good alternative if you don't want to keep using your more expensive/high-end lip liner on a daily basis. If you're a beauty budgeter, I would definitely recommend trying these out because the colours are beautiful and Primark also do other colours as well such as red and brown. 
Have you tried any of the primark beauty range? Is there anything else that is worth purchasing?
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)