KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 22 June 2015

MAC x 9 Eyeshadow Palettes | Amber Times Nine & Burgundy Times Nine


Okay, I’ll admit it. I have a sick obsession for anything miniature or anything that comes in small/travel-friendly form. When these palettes launched, I didn’t actually take much notice of them and I didn’t actually realise how small they were...

It was only when I went into my local MAC store to pick up the eye shadow ‘Antiqued’ that noticed these palettes and fell in love with the size of them. The burgundy palette had the colour ‘Antiqued’ in it already so I thought I might as well purchase the palette instead since it worked out cheaper. Of course, I ended up scouring the Internet for the other palettes and quite fancied the Amber version so I ended up purchasing that online. I didn’t need another neutral palette but I can’t resist a natural palette and it was travel friendly.
Amber x 9 Eye Shadow Palette
Colours: Cozy Grey, Kitties, Georgia Peach, Ricepaper, Creative Copper, Cork, Don't Tell, Aromatic, Pepper Please

This is quite a cool palette with a mix of matte and shimmers. You can definitely create a nice smokey eye but also use the shades to create a very basic, neutral look.
Burgundy x 9 Eye Shadow Palette
Colours: Honey Lust, Poppyseed, Quarry, Antiqued, Embark, #Noir, Haux, Star Violet, Sketch

Out of the two, this is actually the palette I reach for the most, surprisingly. I am very much a neutral eye shadow person but this darker palette is very pretty and you can create both a neutral or dramatic eye look.

I think the texture of these eyeshadows are not as great as the original eye shadows you can get separately but I think that is due to manufacturing purposes. I find some of the shimmery eye shadows (especially in the Amber palette) to be a little drier and a little harder to pick up product. In the normal MAC eyeshadows that I have, I can usually just tip my bush into them and pick up a lot of product but for these 2 palettes, I feel that I need to really put some force behind picking up the product on my brush. They're nice palettes for travel and you get a great colour selection, but I probably did'n't need them in my makeup collection. Like I said, I have a sick obsession of anything miniature...

Have you got any of these palettes? What do you think of them?
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)