KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 21 November 2016

MAC Holiday Nutcracker Collection 2016 - Whisper of Gilt is finally back!



Whisper of Gilt is probably MAC's most heard of buzz phrase in their headquarters, with many people demanding for it to come back since its official release in the Extra Dimension collection back in 2012. I didn't get my hands on it when it first came out because I didn't live up to the hype but when it started to become more and more desired, I started to want it. There have been a few dupes that have come round since the release of MAC Whisper of Gilt - Laura Geller Baked Illuminator in Gilded Honey and Kiko Water Shadow in 208 - both of which I own but very rarely pick up. 
I haven't purchased a limited edition or holiday collection for about 3 years now from MAC, mostly because I haven't been that impressed. Nice products and colours have been released, but not enough for me to go out and but it. Now, 3 years ago Carly would have been all over every collection MAC was releasing but over the years I realised I was buying mostly for the pretty' packaging and I didn't actually use them. I ended up selling a lot of my limited edition collections, and I decided not to invest too much into the limited edition collections.
However, this year MAC have completely blown me away with their insane packaging and the marketer in me is such a sucker for pretty packaging, that I will buy literally anything based on attractive packaging. I saw the rumours that MAC Whisper of Gilt was coming back and I thought this may be my chance to see what the hype was all about considering that the original compact is selling for crazy amounts on eBay even to this day.

I will admit that it is a GORGEOUS colour, but with most limited edition products from MAC, I do feel the quality isn't always 100% compared to their permanent products. Perhaps it was the brush I was using but I didn't feel like the colour was being packed onto the brush as well, and it took me a few tries to really start seeing some highlight on the cheeks. I will be testing with other brushes to see if that makes a difference but there is no denying that the colour is beautiful and it does swatch well on my hand. Plus, the blush colour is super pigmented so using a dense duo-fibre brush really helped disperse the colours well on my cheeks.

I like anything travel-worthy so this 2-in-1 compact is perfect for traveling and colours that will suit most skin tones, depending on how much you build up on the highlighter and colour. I ended up buying a couple of pieces from the MAC Holiday collection but for this post, I wanted to focus on just the MAC Nutcracker Copper Compact.


your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)