KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 14 November 2016

Kylie Jenner Lip Kit: Kristen | REVIEW and SWATCHES

I told myself that I'd never get Kylie Jenner's Lip Kits because I thought they were faddy and expensive (expensive in a sense that I would be charged crazy custom fees - which I was). I do think the Kylie Jenner makeup range have decent colours compared to other brands that do liquid lipsticks, so I will give her that. However, she recently did a $5 international shipping and I thought I'd give it a chance and order a few things, and I'm glad she introduced the single matte lip products.

I didn't want to spend a lot because I knew I was going to have to pay customs and I had read some UK customers were paying about £20-£25 on their orders. I spent around $70 on 3 products (which equated to about £50 plus around £18 custom charges). However I do think that the price is fairly reasonable on the actual products (approximately £23 for a liquid lipstick and lip pencil), it is purely the shipping charges and customs that discourage me from purchasing. However, Ms Jenner often offers shopping deals - for example, for international customers you receive free shipping when you spend $60.
From my order, I purchased a full lip kit - Kristen (liquid lipstick and lip pencil), 1 lip pencil - Dolce K, and 1 liquid lipstick - Exposed. I could have purchased the full lip kits but after googling swatches, I realised that I didn't need the full kits or that I actually preferred the lip pencil / liquid lipstick in certain colours. I'll review the single matte liquid lipstick and lip pencil in another post.

Overall, the formula is definitely a liquid type and quite thin in consistency compared to other liquid lipsticks like Dose of Colors and Kat Von D (from my personal experience). Compared to other liquid lipsticks that I've used like NYX, Dose of Colors, Lime Crime, Kat Von D, and Sleek - the scent is very sweet and this might be off-putting at first when you first apply, but I find that the scent goes away after a little while. In terms of longevity, the exposed lip kit in particular wears well, even after eating greasy food (pizza in my experience...). The liquid lipsticks don't feel dry on the lips (no more than any other liquid lipsticks), but they pack on amazing pigment. I genuinely believe that Kylie Cosmetics wins in colour pigmentation compared to some other brands I have used, and the lip pencils are some of the creamiest and smoothest lip pencils I've used. Although because of the creaminess of the lip pencils, they blunt more quickly so they definitely need sharpening more regularly.

I recently tried purchasing the limited edition KoKo collection because I thought for the price of the set and the colours in the range were all colours I would use, and I was in the queue to buy them when they sold out in 5 minutes. I'm keeping my eye out on the next release for them but I won't hold my breathe of trying to actually get hold of one because the demand is so crazy. For now, I am enjoying the lip products I have until my next purchase...


your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)