KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Wednesday 12 August 2015

MAC Lip Conditioner and MAC Prep + Prime Lip Balm | Review

Okay, so priming my face and eyes are a must for my makeup routine but I've never considered priming my lips. Boy, have I been missing out! I have quite medium, full lips that used to make me feel self-conscious when I was younger but now I love the fact that they aren't small and non-existent. My lips get quite dry and flakey easily, and for the last 4 years I have been on the hunt for the best lip balm/conditioner and I didn't even think about using MAC. I've tried everything from EOS, Burts Bees, Vaseline, Nivea and all the other drugstore brands but found that they never nourished my lips for long. 
I went on a whim to purchase these two MAC lip care products: MAC Lip Conditioner Hydrant (£12.00) and MAC Prep + Prime Lip Base (£13.50) and they have to be my favourite recent beauty purchases.
The lip conditioner is a scent-less glossy (but not sticky) product that can be used day or night (I use it during the night only and I wake up with the most baby soft lips EVER!). I dare say this is my holy grail lip balm/conditioner because I have seen less flaking and drying on my lips. I think using this in conjunction with the Prep + Prime lip base definitely helps too. Before I apply any lip product to my lips, I prime them with a generous coating and then start layering my lip products on top. During the day, I find that I don't even need to reapply my lip colour even after having a few cups of green tea and food. The lip primer definitely holds the colour and lipstick to my lips better than it would, without. 
Lip priming has definitely become part of my core makeup routine whether I'm doing a full face or minimal face look. Especially now that I use lipliners more, and wear lipstick every single day - I need my lips looking its best. For the prices of these two products, I am happy to continue paying more because you'll probably know that I am a die-hard MAC fan, and I will more than likely re-purchase both these products when I've run out. I'm not sure if there are any other lip primers on the market but I am open to trying out new brands and products so if there are any lip primers out there you think I should try, please let me know in my comments!
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)