KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Wednesday 8 June 2016

NYX Haul Part 3 of 4: The Face

Welcome back to the 3rd part of my NYX haul, this time we're talking about the face. In my last two posts, I talked about the lips and eyes. I have tested all of these, and I am enjoying some more than others but overall, they're nice products in my collection. 

The matte bronzer and sculpt, HD studio finishing powder & highlight duo are my personal favourites. The bronzer (shade - medium) doesn't have a lot of red undertones to it but certainly warm enough to bronze up my overall complexion without looking 'orange'. The HD studio finishing powder is a product that I have read is comparable to Makeup Forever HD powder. I didn't own a white translucent powder like this, so I was excited try this - the results were lovely. It left a matte finish without looking completely flat, and set my makeup beautifully. I don't own a liquid contour in my collection - only powders, but this little wand is a little wonder. The contour is extremely pigmented so a lot of product isn't needed, but it does set quickly so it is important to start working and blending it quickly. The highlight side brightens the high panes of my face and I like to use in conjunction with other yellow-based concealers. 
The 'stay matte, not flat' foundation and HD finishing powder in 'banana' are both equally good products, and I reach for them when I want to set my under eye. I do find when I'm putting my brush into the product, it is quite powdery and I have to tap away a lot of the excess before applying to my skin. The HD studio foundation applies as a very light coverage, but you can build the overage as you prefer. I got this in the shade soft beige, which took a while for me to decide if it was the right shade for me but it seems like the best shade for me in the range - if anything it leans a bit on the orange side. I am a fan of the 'Angel Veil' primer, which is why I was eager to get the 'shine killer' primer because of my combination / oily skin. The primer has a very smooth, velvety feel to it and when applied to the face, it certainly feels lek you're putting a layer on to support the base of your makeup. As for longevity, I feel that it does control some shine but depending on what foundation I am using, some show signs of oiliness quicker than others. 

When it comes to face base products, the most important factors I look for is oil control, longevity and medium coverage. I love experimenting with new products and seeing which products work better for my skin type which can change depending on the time of year. At the moment, my skin has been crazy dry in some areas but really oily in others, so sometimes I have to use different products to  certain areas on my face to control the facial textures. 

I really like all these face products, and looking forward to using them on a daily basis.

your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)