KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Saturday 28 May 2016

NYX Haul Part 1 of 4: The Lips


NYX is a brand that I have known for a few years but wasn't widely available in the UK. I had the odd product from the range but since I couldn't get my hands on them as easily, it wasn't a brand I really invested in. I had the odd blusher and lip pencils but they are the old packaging. Now NYX lip range is insane. The colour selection is amazing, with plenty of nudes (my favourite) to choose from and from my NYX haul I have purchased nearly all the nude shades. I will probably go ahead and select a few darker shades for Autumn but for now, I am enjoying all these shades and formulas. 

Soft Matte Lip Cream: Cairo, London, Abu Dhabi
This formula is light, and non-drying, and I like the way it feels on my lips. Two coats on the lips gives a nice even coverage but with any matte formulas, I always apply a good amount of lip balm beforehand to make sure they are well nourished.
Butter Gloss: Creme Brûlée, Madeleine, Fortune Cookies
This formula is really light and these 3 shades give a lovely tint to the lips. I have enjoyed mostly using them on top of lipsticks and some of the matte shades. Fortune cookies layered on top of NYX Matte Daydream gives a beautiful light coral shade. These shine well without being sticky at all.
Intense Butter Gloss: Peanut Brittle
Similar to the original butter gloss, the formula gives a nice shine and you can tell the difference between these and the regular butter gloss. The intense version is thicker but I personally don't find them super sticky either. I find that this lasts a little longer.
NYX Lip Lingerie (L-R): Embellishment, Bedtime Flirt, Honeymoon, Corset, Satin Ribbon, Baby Doll
The formula of these products are like a thick cream with a matte finish. I find it thicker in consistency than the soft matte lip creams. However, even with lip balm / primer hydration beforehand, I find that this can be quite drying on the lips. Also, even though there is a a huge colour selection, some of the colours - particularly the nuder / light pink shades - are very, very similar to each other. If you can, it is best to swatch these in store and on your skin to see which colours work for you. Satin Ribbon is quite pale on me and almost gives me that 'concealer' lip, which is definitely not a good look. Also the doe-foot applicator is unlike anything I own in my collection - it is quite long and even with my medium-full lips, I barely use half the applicator.
Slide On Lip Pencil: Nude Suede, Sugar Grass
For the price of these (£5.50), I think these are really reasonable because they are so pigmented and creamy. They're nice shades to fill in the lip colour and use that on its own or as a base to apply another lip shade on top. I definitely want to pick up a few more of these pencils. 
Matte Lipstick: Daydream
Butter Lipstick: Snow Cap
Like a lot of their lipstick products, the colour range for both the matte and butter lipsticks are amazing. Both formulas are impressive even though I have one of each from the range. The Butter formula reminds me of MAC Cremesheen lipsticks because they're creamy, long-wearing and hydrating to the lips. There are a couple more shades I want to get from the Matte range, but for now I am quite happy with Daydream because it leans more on the coral than nude side, which I think is perfect for the Summer. 

So yes, I have went a little crazy on the NYX spree because this is only the lip haul. I have the face, eye and tool products coming up on the next two blog posts so please look out for them.
Are you a fan of NYX? What products or shades would you recommend? 





your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)