KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Current Skincare Faves: Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Clarins

When it comes to skincare, I can be quite lazy and I switch my routines and products every so often. For the last couple of months, these are the 3 products I have really enjoyed and have noticed make a difference to my skin and the way my makeup looks. They are my higher end skincare products and I feel that each one works differently. Introducing Clarins Hydra-Matte Lotion, Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Serum, and Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base. 
Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Serum, £66, Boots (click for more details)

"With HYDRA BEAUTY Micro Sérum, CHANEL reinvents hydration. The first serum composed of camellia micro-droplets is based on an exclusive patented technology derived from Microfluidics. This revolutionary technology makes it possible to create a formula containing droplets of active ingredients whose purity remains intact until the moment of application. In perfect affinity with the skin, these micro-droplets fuse with the skin, releasing their precious camellia extract for continuous hydration and an intense plumping effect. The unprecedented texture of HYDRA BEAUTY Micro Sérum offers a completely new sensory experience."

First off, this serum smells AMAZING. If you are familiar with some of Chanel's other skincare and makeup products (particularly their soleil tan de Chanel bronzer), they smell so good - like a sweet floral scent. This product is designed to make your complexion hydrated and plump as it contains micro-droplets with active ingredients. I was advised that one pump is enough to cover the whole face and to use the tip of your fingers to gently tap in the product into your skin. When used under makeup, I generally leave it to absorb into my skin for a couple of minutes before going ahead with my usual makeup routine. I find that this serum makes my skin look very hydrated, plump, and overall healthy-looking. I first started using this a couple of months before Christmas when my skin was a little more dry, which usually happens around the winter season. This product IS expensive, and I was very hesitant of purchasing it at first. I think I waited a month before fully decided to get it, but I got a lot of samples from Boots and Debenhams to test it out beforehand so if you're ever interested in any skincare or makeup products, it's always good to ask for samples. 
Clarins Paris Hydra-Matte Lotion (Combination Skin), £27, House of Fraser (click for more details)

"Refreshing lotion—with purifying Alpine Willow Herb and soothing Linden—instantly calms irritations, tightens pores and controls shine on the T-zone—ensuring a fresh matte complexion. Helps slow excess sebum production so skin stays shine-free and moisturised throughout the day."
I am a huge fan of StyleSuzi and she has a similar skin type as I do (combination/oily) and I know she is a fan of this product, and this was mostly why I purchased it. I was in the market for a new moisturiser and I had never used Clarins before. I actually bought this at the airport when I was traveling for work, and it was about £5.00 cheaper than the department store so I wouldn't have felt too bad if I didn't like it. This moisturiser does smell really good and it's extremely light-weight, and it doesn't take very long to soak into the skin. It keeps my skin quite matte as well, and I only need to blot my nose oil after about 4-5 hours after using. Again, this moisturiser smells quite floral but I don't mind it at all and the smell is soon masked once I apply other products on top. The bottle itself is made of glass so feel quite luxurious when you're holding it. I'm currently trying the cleanser that goes with the products and find that it mattifies my skin, without drying it. 

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base, £39, Bobbi Brown (click for more details)

"A Bobbi Brown bestseller—a primer plus moisturisation for smooth makeup application (it’s the best of both worlds). Rich in feel, but never greasy, this advanced oil-free face formula, with Shea Butter, instantly hydrates, softens and cushions skin. This oil-free formula combines the moisturising power of Shea Butter with Vitamins B, C and E. Grapefruit and Geranium fragrances leave a light, uplifting scent on skin. With daily use, skin looks and feels its best."
I often use this cream as a primer under all my makeup (without any other primer's on top), and because it's quite a thick, rich cream - you really don't need to use a lot of it. I usually dab a small blob on my cheeks and forehead and rub it in. This cream has quite a strong lemon/citrus scent, which I personally do not mind (it's quite refreshing in the morning), but for those that don't like strong smells, it may not be the product for you. Out of all my face creams, this is definitely the thickest and most rich in my collection. I find that this cream makes my skin look so much smoother and when makeup is applied, it just makes my overall look more polished. The product quickly absorbs into the skin so I don't have to wait to long to start applying my next layer or products.  
I love trying out new skincare products and go back and further between my favourites but for now, these definitely have been my favourites in the last couple of months. 
Are you fan of any of these brands or used any other products from them?
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)