KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Wednesday 29 April 2015

My Top 5 MAC Blushers

MAC Blusher
My love affair with blushers began when I realised that blush can really bring a youthful flush to your face and really warm your whole look up. I've been experimenting with make-up since I was about 11 (maybe that is too young to some people, but it hasn't/didn't exactly ruin my life), when I used to wear some eyeliner and lipgloss to school. From then, I have played and experimented with different make-up looks since using cheap/drugstore to high-end products. Blusher didn't really become a staple in my make-up collection until about 6/7 years ago, and I thought pink was the only blusher shade you could get. I soon learnt that peaches, coral and browns were common blush colours and soon started making a collection and now have an unnecessary beautiful collection, I'm proud of. Does it sound strange that I'm proud of my collection? Maybe. But I spend a lot of my well-earned money on my make-up collection, so of course it's something I take pride of, and is very important to me. 
MAC Sunbasque
This is probably my favourite bronzy brown blusher/bronzer. I don't actually use this shade alone very often, I mix it in with matte pink/peach blushers (Fleur Power and Style) to add some extra warmth to the matter colours. I love doing this - basically making my own blush shade to suit my skin tone, and I've been doing this for a little while now. Seriously, try it, you'll be surprised how much it can change the colour of the blusher.
MAC Warm Soul
A total staple in my collection. This is my favourite mineralise blusher in MAC's permanent collection and it will for sure, suit every skin tone out there. On light-medium skin tones, it will add a rosy warmth to your cheeks and for darker skin tones, it will add a nice glowy highlight to your cheeks or can definitely be mixed in with other blushers.
MAC Lured To Love (LE)
This mineralise blusher was a Limited Edition Divine Night collection in 2013. It's a coral pink base, with slightly warm undertones and a satiny finish. It's very soft and bendable when applied to skin but can be a but powdery so I'd recommend a duo fibre brush to pick up the product better and diffuse it better on to the skin. I'm a huge lover of coral/peachy shades because I think it works better with my NC25 (light/medium) skin tone. 
MAC Fleur Power
Fleur Power is the colour I mostly mix with sunbasque and as I mentioned, it gives some added colour and warmth to the skin. It's a beautiful rosy pink shade that looks good on it's own, too and I often reach for this colour when I have neutral/not much make-up on. 
MAC Pinch O' Peach
Although this looks slightly pinky in the pan, it is more of a peachy pink shade that warms beautifully to my skin colour. If I don't fancy much colour to my cheeks, this is probably the colour I'd go for, it literally does look like my cheeks have been naturally pinched. A great shade if you're not hugely fussed on blushers but still want a bit of colour to the cheeks. 
MAC Blusher
(Again, the sun was setting do not the best lighting) 
L-R: Sunbasque, Warm Soul, Lured To Love, Fleur Power, Pinch O' Peach
Like my lipstick collection, my blusher collection is also quite large, too and I get a little too obsessed with purchasing shades that look very similar to what I already have...but I'll find something that's not the same, and justify my purchase this way. Yeah, I have problems. But I'm working on it. I have pushed myself to rotate my make-up collection on a weekly/2-week basis so I'm getting the most out of my make-up collection and re-discovering old loves, at the same time. Like I mentioned in my top 5 mac lipstick post, I will eventually do an overall collection review on my blushers but they're both large collections, so it's definitely a work in progress, but please stay tuned!
So what are your favourite MAC blushers or do you have a MAC blusher in mind that you fancy purchasing?
Let me know in the comments below!
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)