KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 16 January 2017

Kylie Cosmetics HOLIDAY Collection: Kyshadow Palette + Holiday Lipsticks and Lip Gloss Kit

In all honesty, I wasn't super wowed by the Holiday collection but after seeing swatches and the hype, I started to become really drawn to the eyeshadow palette. Unlike my many neutral palettes in my collection, I didn't have one like this. The jeweled-toned colours are all very complimentary to each other, and the fact that they had diamond powder in them made me want the palette more. The lip kit set I wanted to include in my order because I had to spend more than $60 to qualify for free international shipping, and also because I wanted to try out the lip glosses. I wish I had added the mini sets to my order but by the time I realised I wanted it, it went out of stock! 
From swatching the glosses on the back of my hand, they are beautiful in colour but they are very thick in texture - almost gloopy but by all means, not lumpy. I applied one of the glosses on top of the 'Angel' matte lipstick and the gloss clung really badly. I'm not sure if the mattes and the glosses are meant to be worn together. Here are the swatches for the kit - bronze base gloss with pink and gold shimmer, pink base gloss with pink and bronze shimmer, pink mauve, and plum purple.


I'm more of a fan of the matte lipsticks, but I think the glosses will look really nice on top of regular lipsticks. I think these glosses will look good on top of nude lipsticks like MAC's Creme De Nude, Blankety and Angel. I haven't picked these products much since they've arrived but I like how versatile and different the eyeshadow palette is. 

So far, I am a fan of the eye shadow palettes, it is just a shame that international customers have to pay such a high custom charge. Until then, I'm enjoying the products - just not thinking about the custom charges I've had to pay! 

your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)