KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Story Time: It's been a while...Time for a life update + NEW JOB!

Firstly I don't even want to count down the days since I last posted on here. I abandoned it when I told myself I wouldn't, and I was doing so well until I hit a really difficult moment in my life. Well, I suppose it wasn't the most difficult or stressful thing people have to go through as I know people go through worse on a daily basis, so my 'problem' may have seemed like a 'first world problem'.

I'm writing this all raw because after everything I've went through, I damn well want to be sure that others learn from my experience. So back in June I made the difficult decision to leave my job after 3.5 years for reasons that only those that truly know, will understand why. For pretty valid reasons if that, and I made the mistake of being open about it. When I look back, I should have just kept it to myself, did what I needed to do and get on with it. After several interviews and rejections I learnt the following:

1. Not all recruiters are bad people. Yes they're all on commission so of course they really want to get you on file and start setting you up for interviews, but from my experience it was positive...up until they told me I didn't get the job and then I never heard from them again despite "we'll call you if we have other jobs suitable."

2. Not all recruiters are great people. I had a super bad experience of some asshole who kept ringing me, texting me, emailing me late at night all within less than 24 hours to get my confirmation of forwarding my CV to an agency. He intimidated me so much for coming on too strong, I basically told him to fuck off and when he realised I wasn't going to entertain him anymore because of his stinking attitude - I never heard from him again.

3. Employers will most likely already have someone in mind already before they interview you. Of all the 4 interviews I had, it was one interview in the educational sector that really made me question my outlook of where I saw my career panning out in the next 10 years - and it was definitely my worst interview to date. I was sweating my ass off the whole 30 minutes and the panel were brutal. I got the feeling it was an internal post.

I went through the most upsetting and stressful process towards the end but I ended up better on the other side, and 2 days into my new job, I can certainly feel that I am surrounded by a great team full of passion for a successful business and the professionalism I have always yearned for. The past is behind me and I'm moving forward. Albeit, it's not the industry I thought I was going to be in but it certainly doesn't make a difference if I enjoy what I do, be appreciated for what I do, and also have the support system that I needed.

I'm starting to settle back into life again and I have TONNES of makeup reviews and posts that I want to do, and I can't wait to start getting back into it. I've got some great stuff from Kat Von D, LE MÉTIER DE BEAUTÉ, Makeup Revolution, NYX, Estee Edit, GOSH, BECCA, Anastasia Beverly Hills and loads more just waiting to be put onto the blog.

I'm also looking to get a new MacBook as well but I'm waiting for the new Key Note speech to come out this month before I go ahead and purchase one. I really want a rose gold MacBook but they only come in MacBook form and I would prefer to get the MacBook Air. For those of you who don't know, Apple haven't released a new up-to-date version for MacBook Air in a couple of years so I am hoping they'll be updating the spec as well as the colours too. Once I've got my MacBook Air, hopefully I'll be able to output 2-3 blogs a week again, and I can't wait!

Until next time... 
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)