KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Saturday 29 August 2015

Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder | Review

After seeing the beautiful Australian YouTuber Heidi Hammond do a tutorial on the 'baking technique, it completely sold me to go to buy a tub of this magic powder. I've been looking at setting powders for a while and I do own the MAC PRO Set Powder (which is good) but it's very white and I wanted something that was more yellow based, and Laura Mercier fit the bill. This was on my 'wish list' for a little bit in my mind, I just wasn't sure if I really needed it for the price. 
Laura Mercier Losse Setting Powder Shade 'Translucent' available at: SpaceNK for £29.00 (clickable link)
For £29.00, you do get a lot of product and I don't use it for everyday purposes so I feel that it will last me quite a while. The colour 'translucent' is a very pale yellow and the powder is very, very finely milled so it doesn't leave a very cakey look or settle into fine lines nor leave a very yellow appearance - it simply looks highlighted. When I do a heavy makeup look, I do like to use a damp sponge and generously apply this on areas for highlight (forehead, nose, under the eyes, chin and upper jawline) and let it 'bake' for the amount of time it takes me to finish my makeup look (usually 20 minutes). I then use a fan brush to sweep away any excess powder and gently buff in the rest. The packaging is actually quite lightweight and feels 'expensive', so you do pay for what you get. Often when I'm just doing a basic makeup look and the fact that I get very oily around my nose and cheek area, I usually dust a little of this powder with a small fluffy brush and this just keeps any shine at bay. 
Are you a fan of this Laura Mercier powder or prefer another brand/type?
your photo name

1 comment

  1. I've heard great things about this powder it's definitely one I want to try!

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

Positive vibes only ;-)