KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 27 July 2015

My Highlight and Contour Routine feat. Smashbox, MAC and Kevyn Aucoin


Contouring and highlighting is a must in my everyday makeup routine. Powder for everyday but if I'm going out or have a special occasion, I double the effort with both cream and powder contouring products. I wanted to share my favourite contouring and highlighting products, my application tools and my best tips to achieve a flawless base.

By all means, I am not an expert or a professional and I am still learning to perfect my featured contour look. I know my face shape, and I know the best ways to contour and highlight the dimensions of my face. Of course everyone has different preferences and different face shapes, so what I like to use and what works for me might not work for everyone. It's just my personal preferences and my time in testing products that best work for me and my face shape

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer [Light] | MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter [Light Boost] | Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Sticks [Contour + Bronze]
Highlight the high panes of the face (bridge of the nose, centre of the forehead, chin, cupids bow and cheekbones/under the eyes). I use maybelline concealer first then brush the MAC pen on top, being especially generous on the under eye section and nose. Using the contour shade (cool brown) from the Smashbox pencils, I line the outer forehead, underneath the cheekbones, jawline and the sides of my nose (optional). Then use the bronze shade (slightly warmer brown) top of the contour lines of the cheek and forehead. 
Beauty Blender | NARS Ita Brush | MAC 137 Sculpted Pointed Brush | MAC 167SE Brush
I first use the beauty blender to blend out the highlighter and then the natural fibres of the NARS Ita brush effortlessly blends the contour, bronze and highlight colours together. Using the MAC 137 brush and Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder, I go over the cream contour and chisel the colour into the hollows of my cheekbones and the temples of my forehead. I then go in with the MAC 167SE brush with the Smashbox Suntan Matte bronzer and warm up the rest of my face. To set and 'bake' the highlighted sections, I use my damp beauty blender to generously apply MAC set powder and keep this on until I have finished the rest of my face/eye makeup.
Smashbox Bronze Lights Bronzer [Suntan Matte] | Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder [Medium] | MAC Set Powder [Invisible
MAC Studio Fix Fluid [NC25] | Soap & Glory Archery Pencil [Hot Chocolate] | MAC Pressed Pigments [Deeply Dashing + Blonde Streak] | Urban Decay Eyeshadows [Riff + Beware] | Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner [Waterproof Black] | MAC Zoom Fast Lash Mascara | MAC Chromographic Pencil [NW25/NC30] | Ardell Demi Wispies | Sleek Blusher [Rose Gold] | Topshop Glow Pot [Gleam] | Kiko Lip Liner [712] | MAC Lip Liner [Cork] MAC Lipstick [Velvet Teddy]

This is not an everyday look for me - this is a look I only do for special occasions and on the weekends. I do contour everyday but I skip the cream contouring and 'baking' method, and use the powders only. I love having a full-face of makeup and experimenting with contouring and highlighting. It's definitely something that is a personal preference and not everyone is a fan, but I do enjoy the process of this method.

My other personal favourite contouring and highlighting products are:
Contour Powders
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Anasazis Beverly Hills Contour Kit 
Contour Creams
MAC Pro Sculptung Cream - Pure Sculpture
Highlighting Powders
MAC Soft and Gentle
MAC Accentutate shaping powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (also for contour)
Highlighting Creams
Topshop Glow Polished
MAC Cream Colour Base - Hush

What are your favourite contouring and highlighting products?

your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)