KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 1 January 2018

Story Time: First Time Buyer, Engagement, Promotion, Christmas and New Year


So it has been a few months since I've last posted, which is a damn shame because when I first initially started this blog, I was determined to keep it updated. But in the last 6 months, I have been incredibly busy in my life and time has passed so quickly. In the 6 months, I bought my first home, got engaged, received a promotion at work and celebrated our first Christmas together, and with both our families. 

House to Home

Back in November 2016, we officially started the process of buying our home. We had been looking at a few places here and there, but nothing was set in stone until one Saturday we decided to visit one of the places again and before we knew it, we reserved a plot. Since we bought off-plan, the house wasn't going to be built for a while so it was a matter of getting paperwork sorted and choosing our kitchen and bathroom options.

Despite not having the best experience with our solicitors (lack of communication), and being told a few different completion dates, we finally received our keys on May 30th 2017. We moved everything in that day and then officially moved in on June 1st 2017. 
10 Years Later...

On June 1st 2017, the first night in our home, my boyfriend of 10 years proposed to me in the most perfect (to us) way. There was no bells and whistles to the proposal because the day didn't got as what he had planned, but to me, it was perfect and a story to remember. The story has been shared by our nearest and dearest, but my partner decided to mark this occasion on the same day we officially moved in to our first home because he didn't want to remember too many dates This is very typical of him, but one of the many reasons why I love him.

We have set a date but we haven't officially booked anything yet. We've visited a few that we love and we are planning to make the decision early next year. 
Work hard, play harder...

In the (almost) 5 years I have been professionally working in my field, I am constantly striving to do better and be better. After 12 months of hard work and working on a variety of challenging projects, I earned myself a promotion at my company's Christmas party. 

I am so determined to work even harder, and prove myself more in the next 12-18 months and see what happens...
Christmas and New Year
This Christmas and New Year, I was excited to wake up to my fiance, open our presents together, then go have Christmas lunch at his mam's house and then have another Christmas dinner at my parents house. While it was great to see and spend time with family, I have ate a ridiculous amount of chocolate and cheese. I am so ready to detox and eat better again in the New Year...

I don't typically set New Year's resolutions but I know there are a few things I want to be mindful of or be better with. On the top of my head, the following are what I want 2018 to be about for me personally:

  • Be more creative - through my blogging, wedding crafting, experiment with new food recipes.
  • Take more photographs - I used to be a serious snapper in my younger days but I started to take less and less. I want to take more photos wherever I am and whatever I'm doing.
  • Make more time for friends and family - so important.
  • Use less plastic/be more green - after watching Blue Planet and Planet Earth with the wonderful David Attenborough, it is scary how we are destroying our planet and what we can do to protect our planet. 
  • Be more physically and mentally healthy - Though I try to eat healthy, drinks as much water in a day, I know I can do better. Even if this is as little as going for more walks or taking time out for myself, I want to be more focused on this aspect. 
  • Read more - I spend far too much time on social media and scrolling aimlessly on my phone. Although it is a huge part of my job, I need to start reading more, whether this is a book, educational material to do with my job, or magazines. Our lives revolve so much around technological devices, that sometimes you do just need a break from it all. 

Since buying my house, I have been more mindful of how I spend money and what I am buying. This includes clothing and makeup. When I moved all my makeup over, I realised how much U had and how much I really didn't need. I ended up throwing away and selling quite a lot of stuff. As for clothing, I got rid of 2 big bags of old/unworn clothes and when I moved in (with no wardrobes), my partner told me I had to get rid of more clothes and shoes in which I got rid of another 5 more bags. 

Without fail, I always go to the boxing day sales with my family and go a bit mad. It dawned on me on this year's boxing day that I really didn't need anything and I actually came out with nothing in the sales. I ended up getting a pair of black boots from Topshop (which I had previously saw before Christmas, and knew I was going to get regardless) and that was the only sale item I bought for the purpose of a funeral. I realised that I was purely buying for the sake of buying, and it isn't worth it when I know I already have so much clothing and shoes at home. 

Nonetheless, I do love a good sale and I will probably purchase a couple of things if they have gone further down in price and still have my size. 

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas and New Year break. Here's to another year...

your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)