KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Hello? Is anyone there?

I'm still here! It's been a while but I promise you I haven't left. So, a lot has happened and I have been very busy but I am excited to share what's been happening recently.
At the start of June I officially became a homeowner, and my partner of 10 years got down on one knee on our first night in our home, and asked me to be his wife. At the moment in time, I had everything I needed - my new home and my future husband by my side. 
 My beautiful platinum and diamond 3-stone!

Two months in, I am still staring at my beautiful dream ring and pinning ideas on Pinterest for my big day. We don't plan to marry for a couple of years but it is lovely to imagine what our big day is going to be like. 

We're slowly but surely getting there with decorating and turning our house into our home. Months prior to moving in, I was completely organised and started buying stuff for my home. Everything from building a first aid box to building my spice rack collection to putting together a stationery box, and having all the cutlery I needed. There was barely any stress to moving in because I had organised so well and we pretty much had stuff ready in the first week.

I will be sharing a post soon about moving house, and the best advice I can pass on to make sure there is as little stress as possible. During the 9 months from initially putting the deposit down to finally moving in, I learnt a lot from being a first-time buyer and also how to ensure you get the best experience from dealing with solicitors, sales reps, and builders. 

In terms of makeup - I haven't (shockingly) bought much makeup in the last 2 months. This is mostly because I haven't even unpacked a huge (and extremely heavy) box of makeup yet because I simply don't have space for it. Every time I think I need new makeup, I have to direct myself to this box sitting in the spare room.

My priorities have changed a lot since I have bought a house, and I spend a lot of my expenses on home furniture and decor now. It doesn't mean I have completely stopped buying makeup, I just don't think it is a sensible expense when I literally have such a huge box of makeup. 

I'm still in the process of unpacking and decorating, holding down my full-time office job, and home studying. I am desperate to get back into the swing of things and get back to my blogging. Once my life has settled a little more, I am hoping to get back into regular blogging and start sharing more of my makeup and lifestyle finds.

Until then - follow my journey on Instagram: carlyjadeyuk XO
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)