KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 20 June 2016

BECCA: Backlight Priming Filter and Shimmering Skin Perfector Moonstone

Oh my, Becca. This brand is slowly becoming a favourite of mine and a staple in my makeup collection. Although they are more high-end in my collection, I can't fault the quality of the products and being a marketer that is sucker for packaging, the packaging and feel of Becca products feel like they are worth paying for what they are. I am a fan of the shimmering pressed perfectors (I have them in Opal, Moonstone and Champagne Pop which I will be reviewing soon), so of course I fancy the liquid versions of them. For now I own Moonstone, but I do have my eyes on the shade 'Opal' too...
I made this check little order soon after I received the 'Blushed Radiance Kit' which I did a mini review here. I'll be traveling a few times in the next few months for weddings and work, so I wanted to keep the mini travel versions for that purpose. The backlight priming perfector was on my to-buy list for a little while but it was out of stock, so as soon as it came back in stock, it so happened that I fancied getting the liquid versions of the shimmering perfectors. And also because I am a bit of a cheapskate, I don't like to pay for a delivery charge unless I really have to, and SpaceNK were doing free deliveries on purchases over £50, so it just made sense...
Bottles are made of frosted glass and plastic lids, both are 'pump' applicators. 
Swatches L-R: Backlight Priming Filter and Shimmering Skin Perfector (Moonstone)
Both of these products smell incredible, I don't know how to describe it...but they just smell fresh - not too sweet or musky, just fresh. They don't have any hint of chunky glitter or sparkle, both products have muted shimmer with an insane amount of colour payoff. Both products have similar effects but this is my experience with them...

Backlight Priming Filter
This product is meant to be used as a primer underneath your foundation, as a base. So far, that is all I have used it for but because of the shimmering' effect in it, I don't see why it can't be used for spot highlighting like the cheeks or eyes, or directly mixing with a tinted moisturiser. With lighter foundations, you get that instant glow through your foundation when you've used one full pump all over your face. With this primer, I would say it's pretty nice for all skin types but might give dry skin types that extra bit of hydration and more of a dewy effect for all other types. Naturally, my skin is combination (more so oily, at the moment), and I like a little twins in the right places so I use this all over my face but with a focus on the top of my cheek and temple bones.

Shimmering Skin Perfector (Moonstone)
This product is pure liquid gold in a bottle, and the colour pay off for this is beautiful. It is extremely pigmented and this can be used a few ways. So far, I have only used it on my cheekbones, forehead and nose where I want extra dewiness or highlight. This product can be used on top or underneath foundation, and I will experiment using it on top of my foundation. Moonstone is a light, golden shade that looks beautiful on the skin but I think it would look beautiful mixed in with a bb cream or tinted moisturisers. I definitely want to pick up a couple more shades, and add to my collection but for now I am enjoying this shade. 

What is your experience of Becca cosmetics? 
your photo name

2 comments

Positive vibes only ;-)