KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Saturday 19 December 2015

My Under-eye Concealer Correction Routine: MAC, Maybelline andLaura Mercier

Fortunately, I am blessed to not have super dark circles under my eyes or have heavy looking bags, I just find them slightly blue/purple in the mornings or when I have had very little sleep. Most days I can get away without the colour corrector but I personally feel it improves the overall underage colour, especially when I'm doing a full-face look. 
I have only added the step of colour correcting about 3 months ago when I picked up MAC's Colour Corrector cream concealer in Pure Orange. If you have read about using red / orange lipstick to conceal your under-eyes, it's a similar concept except I personally wouldn't choose to use a red lipstick as I feel the texture is very different. Using my ring finger I gently pat in MAC Pure Orange directly onto bare skin beneath my eyes, making a small triangle to make sure I cover the darker parts.
~
Next, I go in with my Maybelline 'Fit Me' concealer in the shade 20 (a dupe for NARS Radiant Creamy concealer), and start covering on top of the orange. Using a small dense buffing brush, I start buffing in the Maybelline concealer to cover that particular under eye area. 

I then go ahead and start using my Maybelline Rewind Eraser in 'Light' (I love this for highlighting my nose, forehead and chin, too), and use my beauty blender to blend all that colour right into the skin.
~
Using MAC Prep + Prime highlighter in 'Light boost', I brush over all under my eyes (usually a triangle) and then go back in with my beauty blender, and push it right into the skin. Sometimes, I add a little bit of the MAC Prep + Prime highlighter in 'Radiant Rose' directly at the bottom of my under eye and above the cheeks.
~
Sometimes, I use Laura Mercier Translucent Powder with a damp triangle sponge when I'm doing a full look, and let the concealer bake. If I am doing an everyday look, I go ahead and just use a flat powder brush and buff in a finishing powder.
~
This may seem like a long routine, but I am quite used to doing this very quickly and it can take me about 5 - 8 minutes to do both under-eyes. From my facial features, I focus on my eyes the most and spend a lot of time using products to perfect this area.

your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)