KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Thursday 4 June 2015

Mini Drugstore Haul and Review | Maybelline |

Hello my loves! My plan of not buying any beauty products in May kind of went down the drain (typical...) and I ended up spending my last pennies on a Maybelline haul because Boots keep having those great 3 for 2 offers and naturally I ended up taking advantage of this offer....twice. I had no choice - I promise! Well, basically I spied the new BB bronzer creams, the nude lipsticks and their lip liners...I did a little swatching and before I knew it, I was wanting 4 products - the two BB bronzer creams, a lipstick and a lip liner. This messed up the offer so I decided to get two more items - another lipstick from the same nude range and a nail polish that I recently saw on the beautiful Imogen from Foxy Locks Extensions. 

Maybelline: BB Bronzer Cream in Light/Medium and Medum/Deep | Color Sensational "The Buffs" Lipstick in Honey Beige and Velvet Beige | Color Sensational Lip Liner in Velvet Beige | Crystalized Nail Polish in Rose Chic.
I've only tested the BB bronzer cream in the shade light/medium by mixing it with my new Mac Lightful C Tinted Cream and it gave me a glowy finish. It sheers out a little and doesn't add a lot of coverage so I will most likely test this on it's own, but on first impression, I don't think it will cover any blemishes. This product reminds me of a illuminator and that's why I bought it and the reason I bought it in the medium deep shade is because it remind me of the limited edition MAC Strobe Liquid Golden Elixir Lotion from the Temperature Rising 2013 collection (loved this collection!) that I sadly missed out on. I wish they would bring it back out but in my opinion, The Maybelline BB bronzer creams remind me of this where it can be used alone, mixed in your moisturiser or foundation. 
For the lipsticks, I purchased the shades Honey Beige and Velvet Beige (I originally wanted Tantalising Taupe but there was no stock in my local Boots....*sad face*!) but the textures are creamy and moisturising. Velvet Beige reminds me of what MAC Whirl Lip Liner would look like as a lipstick...a muted, medium dark dirty rose shade. I paired this shade with MAC Morning Coffee Pro Longwear Lip Liner and love this combo - perfect for work!
And the final product I tried was the Maybelline Crystallised Nail Polish in the shade "Rose Chic" because I saw it on the beautiful Imogen from Foxy Locks Extensions. I put a nude polish coat underneath but I really didn't have to - one coat of the Maybelline Rose Chic polish was all I needed, it is incredibly opaque. It has fine and large silver sequins, and a shimmery silver-pink colour and definitely my taste. I prefer darker colours during the Autumn/Winter time and nude colours only during Spring/Summer.  I just hope this won't be a b*tch to remove as most of you will know how hard glitter is to get off....

Have you stumbled across any great drugstore products lately? Or have you tried the new Maybelline BB bronzer creams? Let me know! 
your photo name

1 comment

  1. Ah I love Maybelline :) Love the sound of the lip and liner duo - sounds really natural :)

    Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete

Positive vibes only ;-)