KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 1 June 2015

Limecrime Velvetine Lipstick Haul

I've been a little MIA on my blog recently, as I've been super busy with work and family stuff but it hasn't stopped me from making a cheeky purchase. I found a website that sold Limecrime products and immediately made a purchase for their infamous Velvetines Lipsticks. 

A couple of months ago, I saw that Limecrime's website had been hacked or had major problems so I didn't want to make an order directly on their website and they aren't available in the UK, so I found these difficult to track down. Thankfully, a sweet girl on Instagram let me in on a secret of a website called Dollskill, which is an American retailer but they ship worldwide and to my amazement they only charged $10 for shipping (which I find pretty reasonable in comparison to other American distributors), and would only take 4-9 days to arrive. I made an immediate purchase for Salem, Cashmere and Wicked - the 3 I've had my eye on the longest. They do other colours too but these were the ones I wanted the most. at $20 a pop, they aren't the cheapest of lip products but I think it's difficult to find matte lipsticks that aren't too-drying and Limecrime offer that as well as the range of colours being shades you wouldn't find elsewhere. Luckily, you can pay with PayPal on this website and they were true to their word...my package came in 4 working days.
Of course, a few days after they arrived, I received an email saying Dollskill were offering FREE worldwide shipping and I couldn't  resist and went ahead and purchased two more shades, this time - Riot and Suedeberry. 
L-R: Wicked, Salem, Cashmere, Suedeberry and Riot. 
Oh and the packaging is super-cute! Even though I work in marketing and advertising, I am a complete sucker for packaging even though I'm probably paying for the packaging look. The consistency of these products are liquid-like and extremely pigmented so I would recommend lining your lips beforehand, although they don't bleed, I prefer a cleaner look. If you're not a huge fan of scented beauty products then the smell of these might put you off. They have a strong vanilla cupcake scent which can be a bit overwhelming when you first apply but it does go away after application. 
Limecrime are bringing out 3 new shades to add to their velvetines collection (Faded, Shroom and Bleached) and I already know I want them all, just by looking at the swatches. I hope Dollskill will stock them so I can order directly from there!
Have you tried Limecrime products before? Are you a big fan of the Velvetines Lipsticks? Let me know!

A photo posted by Lime Crime (@limecrimemakeup) on
your photo name

2 comments

  1. Oh my, you are so lucky to get free shipping on your second order. I really want the salem!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping they will do free worldwide shipping again. I'll announce it on Twitter if they do - come follow me if you wish - @Carly_JYx.

      Salem is a gorgeous shade - like I said, colours you wouldn't find anywhere else. Definitely nab yourself one if you get the chance!

      Delete

Positive vibes only ;-)