KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Sunday 26 March 2017

Kylie Cosmetics: The Bronze Kyshadow Palette



So it's been a couple of months since I've owned this Kyshadow palette, and I've gone back and forth with it and I have to admit - it's not too bad at all. Sometimes I don't know what to expect from Kylie Jenner's makeup range, but her eyeshadows are pretty good quality and I like have her original 9 Kyshadow palettes in my collection.


I had never originally intended on purchasing this KyShadow palette because I really didn't need another nude palette, but when I went to put an order on kyliecosmetics.com, I decided to go ahead and add it to the cart anyways since I was buying the burgundy version. Truthfully, I wasn't super excited the first time I used it, I really did think it was just another nude palette but I feel like I didn't give it a good chance. Since I have so many eyeshadow palettes, I realised that I didn't have a warm neutral eyeshadow palette. I have always leaned towards cooler nudes so I never really thought about purchasing a warm palette. Now that I think about it, I am glad I have this palette and I'm going to start experimenting with it more.

When my bronze KyShadow palette arrived, one of the eyeshadow pans popped out but it wasn't damaged thankfully. When I realised it was magnetic, I thought I'd just pop it back in but the last few times I've opened the palette, it has popped back out again. I'm not sure if the pans are glued in as well as being a magnet but I will probably pop some glue on the back of it to secure it in place. This isn't a major issue for me, as long as the actual products are damaged - it's not a big deal to me.

The bronze KyShadow palette has a mix of shimmers and mattes, but the colours are very pigmented and blendable. The shade range is versatile enough to create natural everyday looks or a smokey night time look. The one fault I would say with Kylie's kyshadow palettes are that the eyeshadows are very powdery when you dip your brushes in. Even when I'm very light-handed, I feel like a lot of product comes away and it gets wasted, which is a shame. I experienced similar issues with her burgundy kyshadow palette, which I have also reviewed.
Truthfully, Kylie's kyshadow palettes are nothing special - there are excellent eyeshadow products on the market that are just as good quality at cheaper prices. I'm a fan of the Morphe eyeshadow palettes which are incredibly pigmented and are priced well for the quality. The compactness of the kyshadow palette is fairly travel-friendly, which I appreciate in any makeup product. My only wish is that they had a mirror on the inside of them, which is always a plus for compact palettes.

I'm not sure if I would purchase anymore of the future kyshadow palettes Kylie brings out because the custom charges are such a let down. If I really love the swatches on future products, I will probably get them but at the moment - I'm certainly not a hurry.

I also reviewed the Burgundy Kyshadow palette in my other post.

your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)