KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 6 February 2017

My American NYX Haul: Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter, Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder, Total Drops Foundation

I'm sure most of us can agree that NYX is definitely one of the best makeup brands out there. The quality for the price is really on point and I am a fan of a lot of their products, especially their lip and face products. Unfortunately for some of us British people, we are not lucky enough to get the new NYX launches or products immediately, whereas America usually do. Luckily for me, I was able to pick up a couple of NYX products on my recent trip to New York that are not yet available in the UK. 
Of course - 80% of the NYX products I picked up were highlighters. 


NYX Away We Glow Highlighter (Top to Bottom\Left to Right: Daytime Halo, Moonbeam, Golden Hour)
On first impressions and swatches, these are more of a mousse consistency than a highlighter. They are of medium consistency (not too sheer) but they could probably be built up on a few layers. The doe-foot applicator doesn't seem to pick up a lot of product even when I swirl it in the tube but the colours are very nice and metallic and perfect for a light swash of highlighter on the cheekbones.

NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder (Twilight Tint)
These remind me of the MAC Extra Dimension Spotlight highlighters but a little more dry. Very pigmented if you apply a heavy swatch and blend into the skin which gives a nice luminosity. This shade, Twilight Tint has a purple/blue/pink sheen to it and would look gorgeous as a inner corner highlight or applied on top of darker eyeshadows. Overall, I think this product is going to be quite versatile and not just for the cheeks.

NYX Total Drops Foundation (True Beige 08)
Again, this product reminded me of MAC's water-weight foundation because of the watery consistency and I thought this would be good to sheer out darker foundations or thin out thicker foundations. On first impressions, it has a light-medium coverage with the potential to build up more. With only 13ml of product, I think this would be more of a product I'll mix in with other products rather than a standalone. However, I'm liking this foundation a lot and will probably pick up again when it's launched in the UK.

I could have easily picked up all of the All We Glow liquid highlighters but thought I would pick only 3 of the main shades that attracted to me. As for the Duo chromatic illuminating powder, there was another shade I really wanted but they had no stock. Once they're introduced into the UK, I'll probably pick it up, and possibly the rest of the shades in the collection.

For now, I'm enjoying that I have my hands on these NYX products considering that they aren't (as far as I'm aware) available in the UK (yet)!

your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)