KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Sunday 1 January 2017

My Biggest Year, Yet - Happy New Year!


I'm not one of those 'New Year, New Me' kind of people but 2016 truly went so fast for me. I had some crazy up and downs, but I definitely made the one big decision to make my life better. Here's to my the new year, and 2017 is definitely going to be the year for me. 



2016 for me was like any other year, with celebrations of birthdays, anniversaries and making memories with my nearest and dearest. Since leaving my last job at the end of Summer, I have become more disconnected with social media on a personal level and I have started to realise (and appreciate) that some moments and memories are better kept private. 

For nearly 4 years, I was surrounded and engulfed in social media through my personal life and work, and although I see it as a career in the long-run, I didn't want it to take over my life. Since starting my new job, I've become more focused on seeing the job as what it is and not seeing it as my whole life. I am a huge believer of a healthy work-life balance, and I believe every person deserves to leave work at work, and enjoy life outside of work. Since starting my new job, I can finally start working on that balance. 

A lot is going to change for me in 2017 and I am excited and scared at the same time. My family and lifestyle dynamics is going to change in the next 6 months, and I will finally start living my own life with my partner. We found and bought our forever home, and we're excited to start creating memories in it. I'm sure for most people it's an exciting feeling but it is definitely a mix of emotions for me as I leave the nest for good, and start having more responsibility and control of my life. 

I've been working on my personal professional development for 3 months, and intend to complete my exams in the next 4 months. Studying PRINCE2 has given me some excellent insight into corporate business management, and although I'm not sure if I will ever end up at that point in my career, I'm glad I will have that on my professional portfolio. 

On top of working and professional development, I am still so eager to keep on top of blogging. I had my hits and misses the last 6 months of 2016 but I really want to just get back into the swing of things. I have a couple of blogs in the works, with a couple more planned for the next 2 months with my big New York trip in under 3 weeks time and my birthday at the end of the month. 

Even with plans already put in place, I fully intend to keep myself busy in the next 3 months, and then see through the 3 months after that - whatever plans may come underway. I want my 2017 to be fulfilled with fun, responsibility, and even better memories. I am so determined to make 2017 the best year for me, and my loved ones. 

Happy New Year from me to you!
May 2017 be healthy and prosperous for you all. 


your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)