KWAN BOW | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

JUST ANOTHER LOVER OF BEAUTY, FASHION, AND LIFESTYLE ❤

Instagram

Monday 14 September 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Palette & Sculpt Brush | Review

Oh my, Charlotte Tilbury. This product is beyond perfect. As some of you may know, my love for contouring and highlighting is like a drug. I love trying new contouring and highlighting products, and to date, this has become my favourite - beating my ultimate holy grail contouring product Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder.
First of all, let's just take a moment to admire the packaging. The luxe Hollywood style gold packaging is just unlike anything I've ever seen and in my experience, something you'd expect as a limited edition or very, very high end beauty brands. I love that all of Charlotte Tilbury's packaging is like this. 
I had planned to get the sculpt brush as well, and I'm so glad I did. The handle is made of a polished wood and has ridged, straight edges so it doesn't roll when laid out flat. The bristles are super, super soft - not too dense but packed together well enough to be firm for contouring but soft enough for highlighting. 
The contour/sculpt shade actually has very, very micro-scale shimmer in it which I didn't realise until I saw it in person. In photos, you can't actually see any shimmer but it doesn't actually show up in the skin, it glows more than anything. I love this because unlike my greyer/cooler contour products, the colour doesn't look as flat on the skin...it actually enhances it, in a good way. The highlight is the BEST highlighter I have used for a very subtle everyday glow. Unlike my other highlighters, the shimmer is very microscopic and it leaves such a healthy glow on the skin that you look quite dewy.
Although both the palette and the brush were not cheap, I actually use this on a daily basis but I'm glad because it means I'm making good use of them. I've been guilty of not using a lot of my high-end beauty products because I'm afraid to use them, which is not the point of buying them really. 
I'm looking forward to buying some more Charlotre Tilbury products (I'm currently testing out 2 lip liners from the range) but intrigued to try more. Maybe the new magic foundation or the eyeshadow palettes - what would you recommend I should try next? 
your photo name

Post a Comment

Positive vibes only ;-)